The Austin economy is the number one economy out of 102 cities measured by The Business Journals’ On Numbers monthly report.
· Austin has been the strongest market of all the cities, occupying first place nine times in 15 months and never finishing lower than third.
· Austin has added 67,800 private-sector jobs during the past five years, an increase of 11.0 percent. No other market has grown faster than 8 percent.
· Austin scored an 83.9 out of 100 based on 18 economic factors
· With an unemployment rate of 5.2 percent and five-year wages growth from October 2008 through October 2013 of nearly 15 percent, Austin had held first place for eight of the first 10 months in 2013. The city’s average weekly earnings per worker are now $919.12.
· Austin is the only city in the nation with double-digit percentage job growth over the last five-year period, at just under 11 percent. By comparison, no other U.S. city has seen five-year job growth higher than 8 percent.
· Dallas-Fort Worth is No. 2 in the country and Houston No. 4.
With all these encouraging numbers about the Austin economy, you may be thinking about moving to the Austin area. Or maybe you already love living here, but it’s time to move up, or downsize. Whatever your situation, our team of local real estate experts are here to help you in all your real estate decisions. Contact us today to see how we can help you!